2.04.2014

{ heart day countdown - day 4 }


I fell in love with this pattern.
I fell out of love as I made itty bitty hearts
that involved itty bitty curves . . .
but, not one to give up easily,
I took a deep breath and kept sewing.

(My great grandmother, Annie Flygare,
created the quilt that hangs at the head of my bed.)


I pieced the pillow as shown in the pattern
but felt that the white with gray dot
needed a 'frame' around it.

I love the birds!

I knew that the red loopy pompom trim
would be PERFECT!
I had been hoarding saving it
for just the right project.
The pattern did not called for a border
but I felt the white/gray dot needed one.
I added a 1" strip of red and pink heart fabric
and I think it's the finishing Fancy Nancy touch!


I plan to place it on my bed every morning
as a reminder of all of the love
that has blessed my life.

Look closely for the 'love' words in LOVE
the fabric is fromthe Moda Surrounded by Love line

In the spirit of full disclosure . . .
I do not plan on making any more
itty bitty hearts in the near future.
It felt like my attempts at
sewing Barbie clothes.
Even I have my limits :)

The back of the pillow with an 'envelope' closure

But . . . I do plan on making more LOVE blocks
to use on other Fancy Nancy projects.
Stay tuned.

The magazine that contains the pattern (February 2014)










No comments:

Post a Comment