4.06.2014

{ in the leafy treetops quilt }

I love the the robin IN the bird bath and the look on the other robin's face.

As a child, I loved the song
"In the Leafy Treetops" (the birds sing "good morning").


I still love birds singing in the tree tops.
After reintroducing quack grass to our yard,
Mr. W. and I made a compromise that I would
only use black sunflower seeds in my bird feeders.


This spring my bird bath has been a beehive of activity.
I have been delighted to see multiple birds
drinking and bathing and vying for a spot.


I saw this pattern and loved the two colored twist.


Using this as my inspiration, I set out to create my own.
(I would have been ahead time wise to have
bought the pattern but this is what I came up with.)


 In the Leafy Treetops Quilt


The solid colors are Kona cottons.
The leafy treetop fabric is a Cloud 9 fabric from JoAnn's.


The back is a Peter Pan fabric I purchased in the 90's.
(I'm trying to 'shop' at home more . . . )


The quilt design is a beautiful bird and flower from
Quilts Complete.


Quilt information
Finished size - Width 39" Length 48"
Orange border 1/2" finished (1")
Bird border 5" finished (5 1/2")

No comments:

Post a Comment